Discover Kakaako in Midweek
Discover Kakaako At Ward Centers
The Discover Kakaako series at Ward Centers kicks off Nov. 10 from 3 to 7 p.m., and will continue to take place on the second Saturday of every month, featuring fashion shows, a live concert, food trucks and more. Activities at Ward Centre include:
* Food and art open house with participating Ward Centers retailers and Kakaako businesses.
* An Off the Cuff wearable art exhibit by Hifi in conjunction with the Fine Art Associates.
* Art displays from Gallery at Ward Centre, Sedona, Jeff Chang Pottery & Fine Arts, Na Mea, Nohea Gallery and Martin & MacArthur. Activities at Ward Warehouse include:
* A Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum vintage fashion show at 5 p.m. at the Ward Warehouse stage featuring vintage pieces from the Alfred Shaheen HI Fashion exhibit at Bishop Museum Nov. 10 through Feb. 4.
* Fashion shows at 5:30 p.m. showing trends from Basique Threads, Cottage by the Sea, Divalicious and DOLCE.
* Food tents, trucks and samples from participating merchants.
* A music concert with Nesian NINE from 6 to 7 p.m. Discover Kakaako is part of a larger campaign of events known as Discover Our Islands that was launched to recognize and honor Hawaii’s unique culture.
For more information, visit wardcenters.com.